In Queens NY we have a lot of commercial real estate. And each property owner has asked themselves the question before “What do I do about my commercial roof?” There are seemingly endless questions about commercial roof repair and replacement and today we will outline the basics of everything you need to know about commercial roofing in Queens.
How do you find a qualified roofer in Queens?
First and foremost, you need to find a Queens commercial roofing company that you can trust.
When you are doing research for a commercial roofer, it is best to ask around to other property owners, friends, and family and see if they have anyone they have used. The more local the company the better because they will know about the unique roofing issues for your community, and will have likely serviced people you know. You should also search on the internet, Find a roofer that is highly rated with reviews on various websites and especially Google.
- Check and make sure they are registered with the Better Business Bureau and Chamber Of Commerce.
- Check that they are licensed and insured.
- When you speak with them, find out exactly what is their guarantee and warranty.
- They should always give you an upfront and transparent price
If you can find a roofing company that is certified but a big name in the industry, like a GAF certified roofer in Queens that would also be helpful.
What are roofs made from in Queens?
In Queens, we have a large variety of roofing materials but by far the most common for commercial buildings are flat roofs.
There are several possible materials that flat roofs are made from including:
- Build Up Roof Membrane – your traditional “tar and gravel” roof is very common and inexpensive
- EPDM Rubber – is a synthetic rubber
- Polyurethane Foam – is a quick and easy coating
- TPO – Thermoplastic Polyolefin – is a synthetic roofing cover that is excellent at resisting the elements
- PVC – Poly Vinyl Chloride – is a single-ply roof that is very water-resistant and very common
- Metal – the roof material that has been used the longest, it is strong but can be expensive.
Some commercial flat roof materials like metal can last 50 years or more, making the upfront costs well worth it, and others are cheaper and easier to apply like BUR or foam which last about 25 years.
Get a free roof estimate
When you speak with your local commercial flat roofer they will give you a free estimate, based on the condition of the roof, the size of the roof, which materials you wish to use. Don’t be shy to ask them for advice, get the pros and the cons of each roofing material for your building and ask them if they have used the same materials nearby so you can have a look.
This valuable information was sponsored by a roofing company who has been serving Flushing NY for years, don’t hesitate to ask them all of your commercial roofing questions:
Royal Renovators Inc 118-35 Queens Blvd Forest Hills, NY 11375 (718) 414-6067 https://www.nycrenovators.com/
You must be logged in to post a comment.