Borough President Melinda Katz, the Parks Department and sponsors announced today the lineup for this year’s “Only in Queens” Summer Festival, set to take place on Sunday, June 26 from 1 to 8 p.m. at Flushing Meadows-Corona Park. Admission is free and open to the public.
R&B singer Ginuwine will headline the concert, which also includes performances by hip hop group Kid ‘N Play, singer/actor Tristan “Mack” Wilds from HBO’s The Wire and music by Hot 97’s DJ Camilo, a Queens native.
The daylong festival will also offer a wide range of activities, including:
- Guided tours of the New York State Pavilion’s Tent of Tomorrow, the Queens Library Mobile Unit, the Queens Theatre and the Queens Museum;
- Family-friendly fun including cultural performances, face painting, inflatable bounce houses, a Delta Air Lines Scavenger Hunt, activities run by the United States Tennis Association, and an appearance by Mr. Met;
- Food and craft vendors offering a variety of international cuisine and merchandise for sale;
- Exhibits of memorabilia from the original 1939-40 and 1964-65 World’s Fairs, classic cars and a boat from the annual Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival;
- Virtual reality demonstrations by the National Trust for Historic Preservation, the group People for the Pavilion and Queens-based RPGA Studio as part of the international ideas competition currently underway to solicit imaginative and creative public input for how the New York State Pavilion can best be adapted for public reuse.
“Music, food and fun in the park are what New York summers are made of, and we’re proud to bring it all together this June at the ‘Only in Queens’ Summer Festival,” Katz said. “Bring your entire family and friends to explore some of the very best of ‘The World’s Borough’ right at your fingertips.