Assemblywoman Nily Rozic is hosting her fifth annual Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month celebration on Friday, May 26 at 5 p.m.
The event will be at Selfhelp Community Services’s K7 Building Community Room, located at 137-39 45th Avenue.
The following AAPI leaders will be honored:
- Syed A. Bukhari, executive board member, Muslim Center of New York
- Katy Chiang, president, Kissena Democratic Club
- Judith J. Chin, Board of Regents, New York Supreme Court 11th Judicial District
- Yolanda Dela Cruz Gallagher, board member, Fresh Meadows Homeowners Civic Association
- Bomsinae Kim, executive director, Korean American Family Service Center
- Dr. Devbala Ramanathan, president, Dropadi Jigyasu Ashram
The celebration includes cultural performances and an award ceremony for the community leaders.
To RSVP, contact Marilla Li at firstname.lastname@example.org.