Assemblyman Ron Kim, former Assemblywoman Ellen Young and more than 20 small businesses and nonprofits teamed up to hand out more than 60,000 pieces of personal protective equipment (PPE) today at Flushing Library.
The PPE was donated by GuangXi Overseas Chinese Kind Foundation, American Guanxi Federal Association and the American Chinese Asean Chamber of Commerce.
“With the pending reopening of local small businesses and nonprofit organizations serving the Flushing community, it is very important that they get the necessary PPE for their workers and staff,” Kim said.
Local businesses can also text 646-879-3728 with their names and address to request protective masks.
Organizations that participated in the distribution event included:
- CPC NanShan Senior Center
- Flushing Senior Day Care
- Taiwan Center Senior Center
- Nanoom House
- Qingdao Restaurant
- Malaysian United Group
- Holly Civic Association/Evergreen Community Garden
- Hindu Temple Society of North America
- Ok Ryan Restaurant
- BAPS Swaminarayan Temple
- Shri Shirdi Saibaba Temple
- Eagle Senior Daycare Center
- Evergreen Senior Center
- Bland Houses Resident Association