The Free Synagogue of Flushing is celebrating the first night of Hanukkah on December 11 with a Menorah lighting at 7:15 p.m.
The Festival of Lights is observed for eight nights and days, starting on the 25th day of Kislev.
The synagogue is located at Kissena Boulevard and Sanford Avenue in Downtown Flushing.
Community leaders of different faiths are set to attend the event, including:
- Rabbi Jeffrey Gale, from the Free Synagogue of Flushing
- Alan Brava, from the Free Synagogue of Flushing
- Sousavat Soukhaseum, from the Free Synagogue of Flushing
- Runita Sutton, from the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Queens
- John Choe, from the Flushing Interfaith Council