The annual celebration will take place on Wednesday, June 26, starting at 6 p.m. The fireworks will begin at approximately 9:15 p.m., when the sun sets.
In years past, despite gloomy weather, thousands of residents from all over northeast Queens have turned out to enjoy this family-friendly event.
Here are the details for this year’s event:
- Admittance to Fort Totten will begin at 5 p.m.
- Parking is available at the Little Bay Parking Lot, along Bell Boulevard, as well as at the Clearview Golf Course and the Bay Terrace Shopping Center. Shuttles will be provided.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their own blankets, lawn chairs and picnic items
- Musical performances will include MM Rock Camp, Chicken Head Rocks and Phil Costa & the Something Special Big B, from 6 to 9 p.m.
- This is a non-alcoholic event
- All bags, coolers and backpacks will be inspected by the NYPD before entry
- Vending trucks will be on site with food, snacks and beverages
Take a look at both the parking map (first image) and a map of the event (second image).